PRESS NOTICE… PRESS NOTICE…
HUNDREDS OF UCL STUDENTS ARE STAGING AN OCCUPATION IN PROTEST AT RISES IN FEES AND CUTS TO EDUCATION
Students occupying UCL have said: “We stand against fees and savage cuts to higher education and government attempts to force society to pay for a crisis it didn’t cause. Promises have been broken, the political process has failed and we have been left with no other option.
“We stand in solidarity with all those fighting these cuts nationally and internationally. These cuts are a product of ideology and not necessity. Join us!”
We demand that UCL:
- Issue a statement condemning all cuts to higher education and the rise in tuition fees.
- Implement a complete open books policy with regards to existing budget constraints.
- Ensure no redundancies for teaching, research or support staff.
- Reverse its outsourcing policy by bringing staff back in-house
- Implement the full living wage package for all cleaning, catering and security staff with no cuts to hours and jobs.
- Ensure no victimisation or repercussions for anyone participating in the occupation.
- Allow free access in and out of the occupation.